Thursday, June 3, 2010

Palmyra Temple--June 2, 2010

Yesterday, I had the amazing opportunity to go through the Palmyra Temple and receive my endowment in preparation of my mission (which I leave for in 2 1/2 weeks!). I was able to go to Palmyra with my mom and dad. Because my call has been switched to Historic Kirtland, we decided it would be a great idea to go to Historic Palmyra and go to the sites and talk to the sister missionaries who serve at the visitor centers there. It was great to talk to them and see the sites. It was one of the most BEAUTIFUL days I've seen in a long time, so that made everything even more perfect.


It was a really special thing, getting to go through the temple with my parents. As I was preparing to go through, I realized that going to the temple was something that I had been preparing for, practically my entire life. All through my days growing up in this church, I've been singing "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday...". In young women's, I recited weekly that by following the Young Women values I "prepare to make and keep sacred covenants" and" receive the ordinances of the temple". I had been taught time after time about how to live my life in such a way that I would be worthy and ready when the day came for me to go to the temple. And now, that day has come. I am so glad that my parents, teachers, and other family members/friends have helped to raise me in such a way that I felt prepared and excited to go to the temple, making it one of the most amazing experiences of my lifetime. hands down.

on the top of Hill Cumorah

My mom and I realized once we had gotten home that we had not taken a picture with the two of us :(


This is my mission picture going on my plaque


But this was a close second ;)


Right after coming out.



beautiful flowers on such a BEAUTIFUL day!






p.s. as for my Africa pictures, I'll put them up once I can figure out how to describe my month-long life changing experience in just a few pictures! :)

1 comment:

Alyse Bennett said...

Congratulations! Hopefully I can see you once before you leave... headband anyone?