Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Cries of a Mediocre Student


Freshman year at BYU is now over! I am definitely excited, because it sure has been a long year.... But I would have to say that I overall enjoyed it. I have a handful of friends that I will miss this summer, but I will enjoy living with/taking classes with/catching up with next year. Especially the Fab 13. We are just a group of friends that kinda started with 4 of us at the beginning of the year, and by the end of this semester we had a group of 13! I love them all!
So academically the year was alright too. Most of my grades were fine, and I have the typical freshman attitude about them: yeah, they were good, but they could have been better. But I learned lots and thats what matters, right? Finals are over, and I have officially survived. But I have to say the grade I am most proud of, ironically, is my Bio-Organic Chem final exam. 73!! This may sound like it is a cry of a mediocre student, but I am so excited for that 73! I do not recommend Chem 285 to anyone, and especially from my professor, but the world (minus Peru?) is safe now, since he will be serving a mission in Peru and won't be teaching.That class nearly killed me this year: hours and hours of studying, missing out on girl's nights, and then going to the exam and thinking that had I known NOTHING was going to be on the exam that I studied, I would not have wasted that time! But still, working hard on quizzes, homeworks and still studying paid off.
I got a 73 on the final! and the average was 55! It may sound retarded, but three cheers for a 73!!! :)

1 comment:

rachel b. said...

Haha, congratulations on your 73! I know what you mean about being so pleased with a grade that sounds so lame if you're not in the class fighting for it . . . Jeff would get like Cs or Bs in his science classes and be super excited about them. He's all, "YES! I GOT A C!" and I'd be like, "Greeeat . . . " I guess that's just how science classes go.