Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Battle with Luggage!


I have been so busy the past couple of days packing and cleaning the dorm. I have been shocked. How can so much stuff fit into a room that is so tiny?! I couldn't believe it when I ran out of places to store things! The worst part is, I am flying home, and of course, the 2 suitcases I am allowed to bring home cannot be more than 50 pounds. That sounds do-able. But trust me, it's not. 4 months of summer weather for an 18 year old girl takes a lot! So all of yesterday I was trying hard to try and get everything in, but keeping it under 50 lbs. We were putting stuff in, and taking other stuff out, prioritizing what i really need, etc. I was using a scale from a girl across the hall, but it was really old and I didn't trust it when it said both were under 50. So we rolled both the suitcases to the Richards Building Gym. ha ha. We rolled into the exercise room and used that scale. Of course, both were over 50 lbs, so i had to take stuff out, and then I realized the pants and shoes I was wearing I wanted to take home with me, so I took off my pants and shoes and walked back in Trevan's shorts and bare feet! we definitely got some crazy looks! Fun times... (for the record, Both of my suitcases are 49.4 pounds now :)

No comments: