Friday, July 11, 2008

This Town Ain't Big Enough

When I chose my job, I based a lot of it on the fact that I was going to be so close to home. It only takes three minutes; five if there is bumper to bumper traffic. However, One thing I didn't factor in to this decision is the chances of bumping into my fellow counselors! I work with only 2 other Americans: one from Clifton Park and one from Michigan. From there, it breaks down like this:
1 from Kazakhstan
1 from Korea
1 from Poland
4 from Scotland
5 from Wales/England
5 from Russia.
Therefore, these people really cant GO anywhere when we don't work on the weekends. There has not been a single weekend when I haven't run into them walking down the street from Dollar General, or checking their email at the library, or walking down Scotch Bush to a yard sale like 10 miles away! Now don't get me wrong, I love these people who think Walmart is heaven and Stewarts (aka "The Shop") is practically the most amazing thing on earth. I love them, but in the famous words of Woody the Cowboy, "this town ain't big enough for the [24] of us."

1 comment:

Erin said...

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay . you posted just like I told you to : )