Monday, August 4, 2008

And the Award goes to....

So my job as a Clover Patch Camp counselor finished on Friday.  I wish I could say that I am sad, but we all know what happens to liars. Just kidding. I am a little sad to see my new friends leave. I'm not sad to be done changing the diapers/showering adult males. I'm not sad that I no longer have to chop up my campers food into miniscule pieces and then out of habit, accidently do it to my own food. No, I'm not sad about that, but I am a wee bit sad that my international friends are gone. No matter the drama they stirred up or how annoying they were. I will never  see them again. (Score!) 
To celebrate the end of the camp, we had a banquet on Friday night, where we all got dolled up, had real food, got awards, and reflected on pictures from the summer. We also took approximately 100000^1000 pictures. As much fun as taking pictures was, the distribution of awards was my favorite part of the night. However,  I am not sure how I feel about the award I got. Should I take it personally that I got the award "The Biggest Chatterbox"? Or should I be excited that I didn't get a more offensive award, like "Most Likely to Appear on Jerry Springer"? I suppose that award does fit, since I am a big fan of talking and telling stories. My specialties are the stories that end when my friends say "and then did you find $100 on the ground?". Yes. I am proud to have gotten the Biggest Chatterbox award rather than the "Most Likely to Pop Up on YouTube" award that I thought I was for sure going to get thanks to my stupidity on the swings (if you haven't seen that yet, you are totally missing out. Get to my facebook pronto! It will be worth it!) So here's to the Biggest Chatterbox, and not Most Likely to Get Arrested! Cheers!

2 comments:

April said...

yay that you are done, this is April from church btw... I just found you blog, how exciting :)

rachel b. said...

Melissa, my respect for your endurance and kind-heartedness has skyrocketed after my week-long stint with the handicapped. Way to be a better person than me. Again.

PS, I miss you.