Wednesday, August 13, 2008

And On A Serious Note...

This summer seems like it has flown by so fast, and I don't know where it went. It probably vanished somewhere between working 2 months straight, and watching every episode of Alias. One way or another, Eric and I fly out to school in 2 weeks. The more I think about it, the more nervous I am about this year. I'm not sure I'll be able to take complete care of myself. Grocery shopping, cooking, paying for things on my own....things that I've thought I'd be able to do, but the more I think about it the more freaked out I get. And then obviously there is the most important matter of school. My schedule is a killer, which I knew it would be, but I'm not sure I will be able to handle it. I didn't get to choose my schedule, the Nursing Program pretty much chose it for me and it's quite a challenge: Microbiology 221, Microbiology 222, New Testament, Nutrition, Anatomy, and Nursing 294. Now to you, especially those no longer in school, this may not seem like a lot, but to me it seems like suicide. But most likely, this semester/year is just preparing me for how the rest of my college years will be so I guess I should just get used to this feeling of insecurity and never being ready.

1 comment:

rachel b. said...

Oh man, I know what you mean--at the start of every single semester when I'd get all the syllabi (or syllabuses) and see the massive amounts of work for every class I would have a huge freak out and be like, "I CAN'T HANDLE THIS!" But it always worked out, every single time, so I think you're capable of a lot more than you expect. You can do it!