Monday, February 9, 2009

Shoot Me Up Sista!

So today was the first day in my nursing classes that we did injections. It was quite the experience. I left lab with band-aids on both my forearms, both deltoids (shoulder area for those who are anatomy impaired haha) and on my butt/hip. It was quite a thrill. My favorite line from class "Now make sure when you stick them you put the needle ALL the way in, but stop if you hit bone." hahaha yes. And to answer your question, I don't know whether it was scarier to be injected or to do the injecting!
Enjoy these pictures and be glad you chose the major that you did. p.s. these pictures are in reverse order, but I hope that you can find a place in your soul to forgive me.


Aspirating before the actual injection. Alyse didnt like that.

Kenzie obviously was not a fan of getting her shot.
Probably because she has no fat to muffle the pain. haha


I love Rachelle's face in this (the "nurse")
I'm pretty sure it's the patient that is supposed to have that kind of a reaction haha

I'm smiling so it doesn't seem so terrible :)

Rachelle was not a fan of the entire needle in her arm.


My partner Alyse focusing very hard on getting the right dose.


getting the "TB vaccine"

5 comments:

Mike and Heidi said...

You look like a natural nurse!

Erin said...

This post gave me the heebie jeebies!!!!! I hate shots! I don't know how you do it!

Cami! said...

oh my gosh, I would have DIED. I HATE getting shots! When I got my flu shot this year, the nurse at the health center said I was almost as bad as the kids they bribe with lollipops. *Shudder!*

rachel b. said...

I would like to know what was in the needles . . .

Melissa said...

Oh you don't really want to know...then you would be legally obligated to report it and it could really go downhill from there...

ok maybe it was just normal saline. but I mean, I can't be 100% sure. :)