Friday, April 3, 2009

Happenings as of late...

So it has been a very very VERYYY long time since I have written, and I have realized that makes me a failure. But to make up for it, I thought I'd leave you with a list of things that have been on my mind and things that have been going on!

1.After running the 10k/walking the mile at the end of January, I went with my roommate to see a play at the Hale Center Theater in Orem to redeem the free tickets that we won. The play (All Shook Up) was remarkable good, but I learned something about free tickets. When you get something for free, it's definitely not the best seats in the house! Our tickets were in the farthest corner of the theater (which granted, is so small it wouldn't even fit the entire Glenville Ward). Cassie was against both walls and Tae's seat was broken. Obviously this is high quality stuff!! Oh well. Beggars can't be choosers. At least it was a night out on the town. ;)


2. I finished my last Clinical last Thursday!! No more Orchard Park. No more getting up at 4 am (at least not til next semester). No more grouchy patients who don't know what they want but they know they don't want what you want to give them! No more brief changes. No more whirlpool baths. No more passing meds. No more dealing with the North hall nurse who apparently hates students. On the flip side, no more sweet patients whose day lights up when they see our faces. No more South hall nurse who appreciates the students so much for taking care of the patients by administering medications. No more sitting and holding a patients hand while they talk to you about how you are feeling. No more patients who tell you that you are beautiful and going to be a great nurse and that you can do whatever you want if you just work hard. No more getting to hear about patient's lives and the family that they've lost, the grandkids that they pride in, and the love of their lives. No more Jean, who helps me feel better about myself and is so patient and understanding and loves to talk about the things going on in my life and giving me advice. No more Violet, who although she is unable to talk, is the most loving and compassionate woman I have ever come in contact with, who wants to hold you hand and give you a kiss every time you see her. Sigh... I'm going to miss Orchard Park. Below is a picture of my clinical group on the last day.



3. Before the cruel joke of a snow storm that has hit Provo the last few days, (gah!! Utah you are my enemy) there was actually a stretch of a few gorgeous days! One Saturday, it was 75 degrees and sunny so my roommates and I decided to bask in the sunshine with J-Dawgs, music, sunglasses, sunbathing and "homework" (HA!) Of course, being the picture-addict that I am, I brought my camera, and used my laptop webcam to capture the fun time! We had such a good time, although we didn't get much of a tan...sigh.
Earlier that day before we went to the park, Cassie cut Eric's hair. We matched so we had to take a picture. Duh.
Just a little bit of light reading...

Lu, Cassie and I are very special people, if you can't tell. :)


4. I have taken a very big step on my own. I am very proud of myself. "Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up." Basically, I just assumed that I would spend all of my college years living in the Avenues, the apartment complex that I have been living in this year. The condo that we are living in is owned by Tae's parents. It seemed like the perfect situation. But due to a long list of circumstances, I have felt for the last few weeks that I need to move somewhere else. So, I did some apartment shopping, found a contract that I wanted to buy, called and email the person trying to sell the contract, made an appointment with the manager to look at the apartment, felt good about it, and signed the contract. Did I mention that this was all on my own?! For a very passive person such as myself, this was a big step, although I did have Eric come with me to look at the apartment. Baby steps my friends, baby steps.

5. Who wants to hear the craziest thing ever? In 2 weeks, classes are OVER and then a week after that, the semester is finally finished. Then I'm halfway done with college. You kidding me!? I swear I JUST graduated!!
6. Since the end of the semester is so soon, I've been thinking a lot about summer. I'm staying here at BYU for Spring term to take Astronomy and Pathophysiology (ewww...) but I am planning on heading back to New York for summer. So I've kinda been fretting about a job, especially since I'll only be there for like 6-8 weeks. So for those of you in the Glenville/Burnt Hills area, wanna keep your eyes open for a potentional job!? haha. I'm thinking of potentially being a nanny, since I'll get home right before the kids get out of school and leave right before it starts up again. So if any of my friends back home hear about any one who is looking for a nanny, who is maybe...oh i dunno...a nursing student? close to 20 years old by chance? and it wouldn't help if they are CPR and first aid certified haha. Just a suggestion ;)

and finally, 7. Don't call me weird, or whatever, but it's T minus one year until my mission papers go in!!!!

2 comments:

sarah joelle said...

girl. omg. this is epic. you BLOGGED. this just made my day.

and you forgot to mention your FAVORITE CLASS EVER. STATS LAB. yessss.

Megan said...

So I must say that I agree with the whole I JUST graduated bit! I feel the same way!!

And I am graduating college next year! OH the real world is not ready for me and vice versa :)