Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Hump and Pump Day!!

As I am preparing to go on a mission, I have been taking a mission prep class from Brother Bott. (btw...he's amazing). But one of the topics we discussed were the different landmarks throughout a mission. If you are a good missionary (and all of my missionaries are!) then at 6 months you reach a 'bump', one year is the 'hump', 18 months is 'pump' , and at the very end of the 2-year mission it is a 'jump'. Well my friends, today and tomorrow are very monumental days for two missionaries that are very close to me. Today is Riley Wilson's "hump" day!! He's halfway done with his mission to Novosibirsk Russia! (I probably should get his address and write him again sometime soon. Cough cough Erin?! wanna help out a friend!?) He's an amazing guy and if you guys don't know him then I am sorry to hear that. You are really missing out. It's already been a year, but I hope time goes even faster because I sure do miss that kid....My fun little Indiana Jones/Russian missionary before the Halloween dance!
(You can see a little bit of the chest hair drawn on with black marker. hahaha)

The last time I saw Riley. This is probably one of the most normal pictures we ever took. haha. It goes without saying we are pretty weird... (and p.s. can I just say eww braces!?)

Well, as excited as I am for Riley and his hump day, tomorrow, April 10th, is "pump" day for Trevan Reeves!! 18 months!!! I REALLY have a hard time believing it. He's going to be home in a little under 6 months and I can't wrap my brain around that one. But yes my friends, April 10th marks 18 months that Trevan has been on his mission to Budapest Hungary. (Ironic thing is, April 10th was already a big day for me and Trevan, but I'll let your imaginations run wild on that one. hehe ;) just messing... here are some pictures of me and Trevan.

Mission call: Budapest Hungary!!! woohoo! (Can I just throw in that I am wearing an EXCELLENT top?! haha)

Trevan and I at my graduation, right before I moved away from Salem.
(boo family on that one---^ )

Can I just say that I love all of my missionaries throughout the world!?! Shall I name them?
Novosibirsk Russia, Budapest Hungary (2), Birmingham England, Sao Paulo Brazil, Tegucigalpa Honduras, Carlsbad California, Chicago Illinois, Orlando Florida, Provo Utah, Belgium Brussels/Netherlands, Colorado Springs Colorado, Dominican Republic Santo Domingo East, Merida Mexico, Toronto Canada, Buenos Aires Argentina ....should I stop there before I name every mission!?

and yes. I do write them all. don't mock. They'll pay me back some day ;)

No comments: