Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Pinching Pennies 101

I'm a poor college student. Cliche, I know, but SERIOUSLY, it's true. So to help the whole situation, I resort to pinching pennies, counting quarters, clipping coupons, bargain hunting...whatever the phrase I probably do it (although not as insane as some other members of my family--cough cough Eric). So when I went to send 4 letters to missionaries on Monday, I did not falter when I found I didn't have the right stamps. I opened my stamp holder and found a plethora of stamps that didn't fit the 44 cent and 98 cent stamps I needed. Lots of 2, 5, 10, and 41 though!

So did I go to the post office and buy some nearly-a-dollar international stamps, and possibly some "Forever" stamps that I can send to anywhere in the US? NAY! What kind of college student would I be if I didn't scrap around trying to save as much money as possible? So I was very resourceful and used FIFTEEN stamps to send FOUR letters. How awesome is that? The post office may raise their prices for stamps and think that means people will buy more stamps but they don't know the power of a frugal nursing student. Once again, I stick it the man.

Unfortunately, the man stabbed back, now that I'm completely out of stamps and have to buy some new ones. Win the battle and lose the war.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I love you....that's all I can say to this :)

alexa said...

You make me laugh. But I love you!

Erin said...

Excuse me, where's the letter to my brother?

sarah joelle said...

you make my life.

Glen Brooksby said...

Ahem, I can only make out the Brussels Belgium and Tegucigalpa, Honduras addresses. I trust the one that is covered up is being sent to somewhere in Wales? Somewhere like:

Elder Brett William Brooksby
9 Alexandra Terrace
Twynyrodyn
Merthyr Tydfil CF47 0PU
Wales, UK

... for $0.98?