Saturday, February 20, 2010

I am a complete chick-flick-lovin' girl.

I am your classic girl. I love all the things that typically girls are expected to like. I love wearing dresses, putting on eye makeup, having girl chat, talking on the phone, eating ice cream from the container, crying when PMSing, taking long walks on the beach, dancing in the moonlight, kissing in the rain... these are the things girls are stereotypically supposed to do/love, right? Eh, more or less. ANYWAY, what's another classic sign of a stereotypical girl? A chick flick lover. I must say, I DEFINITELY fit into that category. Especially since last night I watched the perfect chick-flick.

Meet Nick and Beth
They're from the movie When In Rome, no NOT the one with the Olsen twins (excuse me for a minute while I throw up in my mouth...okay, back). I had seen the previews on TV and wanted to go see it, so last night my old roommate Lu and I went. It was perfect. Cute, clean, cheesy, hilarious, unrealistic, mushy-gushy, predictable, perfect guy who doesn't exist-- I love it all. Truly. I laughed, I (almost) cried, I drooled over Josh Duhamel, I envied Kristen Bell's outfits, and I smiled practically the whole time. So let's begin:

Kristen Bell: How could you NOT love this girl?! I first saw her as Elle Bishop in Heroes, then as Sarah Marshall in Forgetting Sarah Marshall (the edited version). (Also, for all you GG fans who are not reading my blog, she's the voice of Gossip Girl). She's stunning, and funny, and she's dresses like a goddess. Of course, when you are as naturally beautiful as she is, it's not hard to look like a goddess. Also, I think she is a terrific actress, definitely amazing in this movie, even though every time she stepped into the fountain and got a beautiful dress soaking wet, i cringed.

Josh Duhamel: ::drool, drool, drool:: HELLO HOTTIE! Win a Date With Tad Hamilton, Las Vegas (the series), oh MAN you are beautiful. And even though your role as Nick was completely unrealistic because you said things no guy ever says, and I've never met a man more flawless as your character, it doesn't mean I don't love you anyway. You're funny, and beautiful, and quite a good actor, so if you are ever looking for someone who is, ya know, 17 years younger than you, I'm your girl :) You shouldn't have married Fergie. You're too good for her.
p.s. There was this part in the movie that we laughed and laughed and laughed at and wished that we could rewind and watch again (no, it wasn't JUST the kissing parts) so if you watch it, let me know and let me laugh with you ;)

There were other cast members who were pretty big too: Danny DeVito (is he really that short?), Jon Heder and Anjelica Huston (Ever After). Overall I would have to say this was an awesome movie. It may be too gushy of a movie to watch with my boyfriend, but it's definitely going on my "must purchase" list ;)

To watch the trailer, which you should do, click here!

3 comments:

amanda taylor said...

Melissa. I have to correct you about Josh and Fergie. Yes he is ridiculously gorgeous (6 foot 3 and extremely polite, too!) but so is she! And she is gracious and funny and really a classy lady. I enjoy both of them a lot, even though I only spent a few hours in their presence. They are both humble performers and really just nice people. And I love Mary-Kate and Ashley movies.

The Walsers said...

Great review, haha. :) I can't remember the part we laughed and laughed at. :( I want to watch it again!

Erin said...

I am in love with chick flicks too! The cheesier, the better. I totally want to see this. Come to Logan, and we'll have a girls night.