Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

This Valentine's Day I got to be in Idaho with Brian and the rest of the McKellars. It was a fantastic weekend, although it was cut shorter than I had hoped. I have this entire week off from school and was planning on coming back on Wednesday but the girl I was going to ride back changed her plans to Thursday, a little too late for me. So I came back Monday. sigh.... But it was still fabulous!

On Saturday, Brian and I exchanged gag valentine's day gifts. I gave him a Raggedy Ann doll (an inside joke) and he gave me a box of stuffed "microbes" haha. Only funny to a nurse apparently. Then we were going to go to a dance, but changed our minds, and instead went to dinner at Olive Garden. So good! We then got back to his house right when Shelby and Robert were about to head out to the High School Sweethearts Dance. I crashed their photo shoot :)

I'd like to believe that they enjoyed my tongue in their picture...

"awww....."

I LOVED her dress!

And I apparently really wanted to go to the dance with them.

On Sunday, Brian and I went with his Mom to the Singles Ward (his mom is in the Stake RS presidency and it was ward conference). This was kind of unusual because Brian now attends his family ward. When we were in Sunday school, he passed me a note saying that his valentines gift to me was that he had arranged to sing in sacrament meeting :) It may sound silly, but he sang a few weeks ago in his home ward and I was so bummed that I didn't get to hear him, so he planned to sing in the Singles ward while I was there :) It was a really sweet gesture and he did an AMAZING job! :)

After church, we had a fabulous dinner made by the men for their ladies. There were 13 people all together at the dinner, 6 couples and Claire. Landon made the main dish (chicken alfredo with sauteed veggies etc) Brian made the salad, Matt made the potatoes, and Robert made the fruit pizza for dessert and the (virgin) martinis. Good meal, good company, good valentine's day :)


a heart shaped chicken breast for valentine's day :)


Since Claire was the only single, she found comfort with her good friend "martini"

yummy!!!!




After dinner, Mike (Brian's dad) Carmen, Salvador (Carmen's man) and Claire did magic. They are SO good, It was pretty amazing.

Thanks Brian, for being my perfect valentine and giving me an awesome weekend. :)

No comments: