Monday, April 5, 2010

AHHHH!!!!

So funny story: I have been waiting longer than usual for my mission call. My papers went in three weeks ago today, but I still hadn't heard anything and had essentially given up on getting it this week because of conference. But I have a friend who put her papers in last Monday, and found out that her call was issued that Thursday (a few days ago) so I thought to myself, hmm....would I get that lucky? So I emailed my bishop and asked him if he wouldn't mind looking online. Fast forward about two hours, and I walking home from campus. I'm right in the middle of 7th north, smack dab in the center of the crosswalk when I get this text message from my bishop: "It says your mission call was sent on April 1st. You don't think it was an April Fool's prank, do you? just kidding. You should get it soon."

OHHHH MYYY GOSHHHH!!!
MY CALL IS COMING THIS WEEK!!!!!!


and the funny part is, I jumped up and down in the middle of the street for a while because I was so excited, until I realized there were still cars waiting for me to cross the street :)

2 comments:

Doug & Charisse said...

WAHOO! :D That's wonderful news!

Leash said...

if you're opening it in front of everyone, i want to come!!! if not, i wanna know where you're going :)

i have my appointments with the bishop and stake president this week so my papers should be in very, very soon! :)