Friday, May 14, 2010

African Royalty

Things are good here in Ghana. The last two days have been RIDICULOUSLY hot, and even Brother Abu said that he can’t remember Abomosu ever being this hot, and he’s lived here for 70+ years! So I think I am totally justified in saying that I’m sweating the most that I have ever sweat in my life haha. I mean, if the AFRICANS are suffering, then it’s totally plausible that the AMERICANS would definitely be suffering!

It was especially hot though when 5 girls and I went to a village called Asunafu, where we were special guests attending child’s health week kick off. They sat us next to the Queen Mother and the village chief, and made us come up and introduce ourselves by name. Yes, we are celebrities. Hahaha.

But the best part was dancing with the children. There were so many kids that came out and danced with us in the middle of the square, and it was so fun! Best part was when I was dancing with three girls, and they were doing exactly what I was doing. Then all of a sudden every single child was dancing the same way as me! It was like 50 children! I felt like I was leading a jazzercise class, and it was definitely entertaining to the rest of the group haha.

No comments: