Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Spinach, liver and porcupines.

In honor of this week and my confinement to the good ol' Harold B. Lee Library, I wanted to adapt a favorite childhood poem by Jack Prelutsky that I've had memorized since about...oh... 1st grade, when I realized I didn't like school work. I'm pretty sure my college classmates can relate to this. Three cheers for failing finals week!

Finals! Oh, finals!!
I hate you! You stink!
I wish I could wash you
away in the sink.
If only a bomb
would explode you to bits.
Finals! Oh, finals!
You're giving me fits.

I'd rather take baths
with a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lion
alone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the final
my teacher assigns.

Finals! Oh, finals!
You're last on my list,
I simply can't see why you even exist.
If you just disappeared
it would tickle me pink.
Finals! Oh, finals!
I hate you! you stink!

No comments: