Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hare Krishna!

First of all, I just noticed that this will be my 10th post this month. This is monumental! I've never before, in the 23 months I've had my blog, blogged 10 times in one month! Double digits baby. Of course, I did know that this would be one of the craziest months of my life, with a couple extra crazies thrown in there. But still, yay! I can call myself a true blogger now!

Anyhooser, today I got to go to the festival of colors! It's a Indian/Hindu(?) celebration of the beginning of spring. Essentially, there is lots of celebration, dancing, smoking of drugs (just say no), and the highlight....throwing chalk at one another! (powder chalk. I told my friend Colt about throwing chalk at one another and he said, "wouldn't that hurt?!" haha. No no. Not the sidewalk chalk. That would make for a VERY interesting festival). The festival was fun and exciting, and I even had a chance to use my nursing skills when a 15 year old girl was thrown into the air when crowd surfing and they didn't catch her. So I jumped in to take care of her until the ambulance came. That was thrilling. I had somewhat of a deja vu feeling....back injury leading to ambulance leading to hospital.....alas, I digress.

The point is, it was fun. I can't believe that after three years of living in Utah this is the first time I've gone, but hey, now I can cross it off my bucket list. That, and blogging ten times in a month.
Hare Krishna!

It was me, Camille, and her roommate Megan who went



And so it begins....





Remember how white our shirts were in the beginning!?!

:)

No comments: