Friday, May 8, 2009

SERIOUSLY?!?!

Some people really have no sense of what's polite and what's not.

The story goes down like this. I got up at 7 this morning, got all ready for school and went to campus to study for 2 exams before my class at noon. I decided to study at my favorite study place, the Pendulum Court in the Eyring Science Center. Let me lay it out for you. The Pen Court is sort of separated from the lobby by a barrier, and is a place where the dietetics program serves lunch during Fall/Winter. But I really like studying here because it's not too quiet that you're distracted and not too loud that you are distracted (I obviously have a very exact level of noise that I can tolerate). There are approximately 30 tables in this area, and they are nice tables with four surprisingly comfortable chairs around it.

So here I am, studying very early in the morning at the Pen Court at one of the tables, with only 3 other tables being used. Now, let's take a break and do some simple math here. 30 tables total-4 tables being used= 26 tables that are open and available for others to use. So here I am, studying for almost an hour and then SHE walks in. Girl In Purple Shirt, hereafter known as GIPS. So GIPS walks into the Pen Court and comes over to my table and asks if she can sit with me. huhh....? I wanted to say something like "So this table, completely identical to the open 26 tables, is somehow better?", but alas, I figured she was trying to be friendly and meet people so I told her she could. So GIPS says thanks and gets to work studying. As weird as I thought it was that she chose my table over all the rest, I didn't really mind because we were both just studying and it's not a huge deal to have two people study in silence.

But silence is not what I got, thanks to GIBS and BIS (girl in blue shirt and boy in suit). GIBS and BIS come to sit with GIPS and they start talking a lot, take out all the notes, covering the now completely filled table, and start doing some homework together. Seriously?! Conversation goes like this...

GIPS: I'm glad you guys could make it!
BIS: Thanks for letting us know you were doing the homework.
GIBS: Nice table! (FOR REALS?!)
BIS: So did we decide when the homework was due?
GIBS: I'm pretty sure tomorrow at 11.
GIPS: ::gasps way louder than necessary, looking at syllabus:: GUYS!! IT'S DUE TODAY AT 11!!
GIBS: oh no!!!
BIS: QUICK! We need to tell BIBS to hurry!!

SERIOUSLY?! another person is coming?! In my despair, I look around. I notice that two of the previously occupied tables are now vacant. which now means there is only ONE table taken other than mine. Out of 30. Seriously?!

In walks BIBS (boy is blue shirt), comes over to the now full table, takes a deep heavy sigh, looks at me doing my Pathophysiology and says in a highly suggestive voice:

"Sigh....There's no where for me to sit...." SERIOUSLY?!

Then the best part: GIPS (the original) being so kind says to me, "would you mind moving to another table?"

you. are. kidding. me.

Don't worry, I did. I went to a table far far away. Where I don't have to even see them. Or smell them. Too bad I can't stop from hearing them.

So thank you GIPS, GIBS, BIS AND BIBS for ruining my morning. and BIBS and BIS, you weren't even cute. Seriously.

3 comments:

rachel b. said...

WOW. Next time, maybe you should be a little less hygienic, and then people won't want to sit with you.

Erin said...

WOW.

I honestly really wonder how people become so socially not with it.

sarah joelle said...

i would have laid the smackdown on those fools. people are so dumb sometimes.