Thursday, May 14, 2009

HOLY SCHNICKES! TIME'S A-FLYIN'!!

Today is a very special day!! It's another Hump Day!! I promise I won't do one of these posts for everyone I know that is on a mission, but this certain missionary has a very special place in my heart. Ladies and Gentlemen...BRETT WILLIAM BROOKSBY!!! Brett has been a very very good friend of mine since I can remember. Brett and I, in addition to our whole families, have always been very very close. So close, in fact, that one time when I lead the music for church, a member of the bishopric announced me as Melissa Brooksby! Everyone had a good laugh about that one. But Brett is serving as a missionary in Birmingham England, but despite the distance, our friendship is still strong! Brett and I write all the time and I have to say, he's one of the best missionaries to get a letter from. His letters never cease to make me laugh, he picks me up when he can tell I'm miserable (even so far away, now that's talent) and his letters make me miss him like crazy, but no fear, because today is Brett's HUMP DAY!! He's been out for one year today! I would say that this means he'll be home a year from today, but he got to talk to his family on Mother's Day and apparently he thinks he'll be home probably 2 weeks before the 2 years. Of course, as I am writing this right now I realize that's really not helpful to me considering I'm supposed to be doing nursing service abroad from April to the end of June (thank you Nursing 400) but I am so excited for him to come home! In honor of this special day, I have put a collection of pictures (one might say a plethora) on here of my favorite English missionary!

Making Jackson Pollock paintings about a week before he left.


You know he's a good friend when he lets you wipe paint on his back haha


Brett and I understand the importance of cleanliness.


Brett left a handprint on my pants (get your mind out of the gutter!) and wiped his all down his own pants.


Just so you know, if you dip your hands in bright green paint, your hands look like they belong to the Hulk. just FYI.


Our masterpieces!! Mine is hanging in my room at home, not sure where his family put his...


Breaking the rules at the airport right before he left. We condemned ourselves once we took a picture of it.


SUCH a tender picture!


I absolutely love this picture of Brett.


Oo Oo!! This one too!! In fact whoever controls his facebook (cough cough Erin) I would recommend making this his profile picture :)

Farewell Friend! I miss you!!

2 comments:

Glen Brooksby said...

Nice post. Thanks for the tribute Melissa. By the way, isn't your birthday the month after your nursing abroad will end? And isn't that your 21st birthday? And weren't you once talking about going somewhere when that 21st B'day rolled around? Just curious.
G.

Erin said...

Brett's Pollock painting hangs proudly in his room. I know; I slept beneath it in March.

I probably could change Brett's picture, huh? I have never even thought of that. What is his facebook picture? I don't even know!