Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I-da-what?!

School sucks. Seriously, whoever tried to convince me it's better to take a class (i.e. PATHOPHYSIOLOGY) in the summer was smoking something and was going to fail all the classes anyway so why not in the spring? I'm stretched thin with school and life, and ridiculously stressed so to de-stress, I went up to Idaho Fall this past long weekend to spend some time with family friends of my parents! Okay, all the above is true, but it's not really the TRUTH. I really went up to see Brian McKellar, who is the son of the family friends of my parents, and coincidentally the one who hijacked my computer and wrote that last post. His mom set us up, and we've been talking for a bit, and decided to spend the long weekend with him (and before you ask if he's my boyfriend, DON'T! we still don't even know what to call ourselves haha). I have to say, that this has probably been the best weekend ever. We had such a good time with his family and friends and just relaxing that I didn't even think about the fact that I am going to fail every since one of my classes this summer! (too bad THAT didn't last). I just put up a couple of pictures from this weekend, but to be honest there are way too many and too much fun to sum up in pictures. So use your imagination (but keep it clean!)

The two of us at Historic Chesterfield on Memorial Day. it's just a old pioneer town that was pretty lively for this one day of the year haha. We went with his family. and no that is NOT a beer in his hand (although he is 23). It's a huckleberry soda.


The start of it all...our dads served their missions in Germany, and then studied Mechanical Engineering both at BYU and Purdue University. Our parents are literally the best of friends. they both had sons, then daughters then moved to opposite sides of the country (the rest of the kids match up too. The McKellars had 3 daughters and 1 son, and we have 3 sons and 1 daughter. massive match making going down right here, ya'll!) This picture was taken in 1990, where I am already checking out Brian apparently by looking at him and pointing! I knew I was a smart baby!


Anyone have a pitchfork we can borrow?

Idaho Falls Temple, about 5 minutes from his house. the only temple in the world that is next to a river. It's a GORGEOUS temple!

Don't we all wish we could be more like Brian. I mean, he's just so...cool!

. :)

If you really want more pictures you'd have to look at Facebook. I don't know why you didn't just look there in the first place haha

4 comments:

Erin said...

I understand that it is VERY coincidental that your family and his family would have 3 boys and a girl, and 3 girls and a boy, respectively, and that that could be a good opportunity for matchmaking. However, please do not fail to remember that your family spent the rest of your days growing up in New York with my family, and we still have some serious matchmaking to work out before their family can step in. You are free to do as you wish, but that only leaves Craig and Lauren, or Scott and Lauren, or I guess, Eric and Lauren, so please, help me in whatever way you can. We have been planning to be related since we knew that people got married. You can't let me down now!

Pg. said...

The London temple IS stunning!! Thanks!!

...and these are some pretttty adorable pics, melissa. =D yay!

pkcrapo said...

Peter brought home his Path book the other day cause I wanted to look something up...BAD IDEA!!! That is one horrid book!!! I'm scarred for life. Good luck! Looks like you had a fun weekend to help you forget about the worst subject known to mankind!! Hooray for that!

Alyse Bennett said...

I agree, who ever decided that taking pathophysiology in the spring was going to be a good idea?